Take a listen to Episode #160 of The Hard Corps Marketing Show where I do some myth-busting and around content marketing. Here are some of the highlights:
- “Really great content is halfway, until you have a distribution plan it’s not going to be effective.” – Chris Austin
- Building an ecosphere around your content entails having a centerpiece of content that is your main focus such as a video, a podcast, or a presentation, and then building small pieces of content from that centerpiece to promote it and draw in your target audience.
- There are three aspects that make up a great content campaign, engagement, education, and entertainment.
- Engagement goes beyond clicks and shares.
- Your content needs to provide value to your buyers, educate them on a solution that speaks to the problems they are having.
- The framework to create an entertaining piece of content is SMASH, Speed, Music, Asymmetry, Spontaneity, and Humor / Honesty. (From Penn Holderness of The Holderness Family)
- The eight steps of the content marketing process are 1) Audience ID 2) Content Ideation 3) Keyword & Competitive Research 4) Interviewing Internal Experts 5) Producing Content 6) Share & Amplify 7) Measurement and 8) Repurpose.
- Try to always be learning, see what you can soak in from the people around you.
- A double funnel looks at the second funnel that occurs after the buyer makes their purchase. The purchase is only the halfway point. After the purchase, you need purchase satisfaction, for them to join the community around that purchase, their recommendation, and then their referral.
The Hard Corps Marketing Show can be found wherever you find your favorite podcasts:
- Apple Podcast App
- Google Play
And the full Zoom video version is live on YouTube. Spoiler alert, I close my eyes when I talk for some odd reason. Thanks to Casey Cheshire of Cheshire Impact, a leading marketing automation firm working with Salesforce and Pardot.